We are pleased to announce that the Nemo Link’s modified Access Rules have been approved by the GB and Belgium regulators.
This notice, made in accordance with Article A5.1 of the approved Access Rules serves to bring the Nemo Link Access Rules v4 into effect for capacity delivered from 1st January 2023.
This version of the Access Rules has also been published on the Publication page of the Nemo Link website, together with the current Access Rules effective until 31st December 2022.
As previously communicated, changes included in the new Access Rules are:
- Returning to a Loss Adjusted Day Ahead Market Spread (LADAMS) based compensation for curtailments ensuring operation remains within operational security limits before the day-ahead firmness deadline (Article 59.1, Appendix 1 Rules for Forward Capacity Allocation on the GB-Belgian Border); and
- Enabling Long Term right returns in months with a planned maintenance period (Article 38.2, Appendix 1 Rules for Forward Capacity Allocation on the GB-Belgian Border); and
- Clarifying the treatment of allocated rights when the JAO Participation Agreement has been suspended (Article 71.5, Appendix 1 Rules for Forward Capacity Allocation on the GB-Belgian Border); and
- Earlier opening of the Long Term nomination gate brought forward from 16:30 CE(S)T D-2 to 13:30 CE(S)T D-2 (Article 6.1, Appendix 2 Nomination Rules for Long Term Transmission Rights on the GB-Belgian Border); and
- Housekeeping changes in light of the revised Harmonised Allocation Rules.
Nemo Link considers that the approved Access Rules will better achieve all relevant access rules objectives provided by the aforementioned amendments, particularly with the enhanced financial firmness and by enabling market participants to participate in Long Term auctions with more confidence and less risk, as detailed in our consultation proposal for modifying the Access Rules.
If you have any questions or need further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the Nemo Link Customer Team.